Saturday, October 8, 2011

blue room



it's just the only
clearest place there
where ever 'there' was

a home now
simply cast
as tumbledown
in the unforgiving eyes
that fall beside
then drag across
its sorry fallen emptiness

life dances
in the soft fall
of sunbeams
dry motes
flaked paint
fibres and feathers
all formless

abandoned
to their fates

perhaps a wish
or a shield of hope
will be
raised high above the heads
of those who feel its past
as keenly
as its presence

as purely
and directly
as i do

i was listening to "your blue room" by passengers (brian eno and u2) when i wrote this

8 comments:

Valerianna said...

Word travel, again.... to distant inklings and misty imaginings. I remember a time I was sooo very into Brian Eno, good stuff. Happy Saturday! And Thanksgiving for you all is soon, I think. Enjoy.

Reya Mellicker said...

It's a perfect picture, perfect words, for Yom Kippur. I know you didn't do it on purpose, but wow. You really know how to surf the energies, Steven. You are great at it!

steven said...

valerianna - the image is from an old barracks in a very old fort in upper new york state. the view is to canada. i loved the colouring of the glass and the distortion of the horizon line very much. steven

steven said...

reya - when i wrote this i had in my thoughts a very old space. physical from necessity but also a place of spiritual containment (not restraint) that's holding something steady, something that rises above the physical in the hopes that someone will see beyond the very small decays and hold the essence of the space above their heads. steven

ellen abbott said...

It's a great picture. I like the way the different glass alters the colors.

steven said...

thanks ellen. me too! steven

Friko said...

Hi steven,
so sorry, I messed up my comment. I'm the deleter above.

What a wonderful picture, whose is it?
Your words are inspirational, as ever.

steven said...

friko - all the photographs on this blog are taken and shared by me unless i borrow one from someone in which case i credit them! so thankyou very much for your kind thought friko! steven