Friday, June 25, 2010

opening and upward

i appreciate
memory

especially the memory
that returns unbidden
from the long unfolding
present moment

~

i saw this house
and knew it immediately
never having seen it
before

~

the stories i wrote
and lived

the work

the love



i remember her so well

ferdinand loyen du puigaudeau kervaudu, le jardin fleuri

here's to opening and upward, to leaf and to sap
and to your (in my arms flowering so new)
self whose eyes smell of the sound of rain

ee cummings

8 comments:

Dan Gurney said...

"self whose eyes smell of the sound of rain" wow, ee could sure write! I love coming here and having a moment of clarity each day.

Noelle said...

Hi Steven,
I have had moments like that when I seem to have memories of a place that I have never been before; the sounds, the smells, the objects and people are all too familiar, as if I had just left them for a little while and then come back. I wonder if that is part of the collective unconscious, some archetypal memory, or if it was a memory from another life that you lived and you are just now revisiting it in the present. Lovely idea if I am understanding you.
Noelle

Jinksy said...

I'd drink to that...

Reya Mellicker said...

Thanks, Jinxy. Well said. xx

ellen abbott said...

memories of other lives surface.

CiCi said...

Oooh ee cummings, great.

Butternut Squash said...

Here and now is such a pleasant memory. Peace.

James said...

"long unfolding
present moment"

Well said, and a nice place you have here. TechnoBabe said I'd like it, and I do. (I'm the Hubby;-)