Sunday, June 28, 2009

sunday morning

an early morning arising. somehow my body doesn't know that it can rest longer if it wants. proof of the tenuous connection between body and mind - my mind says sleep. my body says get up.

getting up is worthwhile for morning skies like this . . .

this one a tentative, "should i rain, or should i be a massive towering billowy clouds kind of day?"

closer to earth the river pebble flowerbed by the pool is pretty in pink and purple . . .

closer to the house, the deckside bed . . .



hmmmm looks like the grass needs cutting! but i think i'll do some reading first . . . . peter sis' book "tibet: through the red box" . . . .

slide the slipcover off and underneath lies the first treasure! (click the image for a closer look) and that's before the cover has even been opened! what wonders await?!

6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Steven - I hope you get that grass cut before you get too immersed in that exciting-looking book!

steven said...

hello weaver . . . it's looking a little more like rain this morning so i'm putting my chores first today. that way, when it starts to pour i can feel a little less guilt about reading!! have a peaceful day. steven

BT said...

Your garden looks lovely Steven, I must see more of it. Are those gorgeous blue flowers tradescanthia?

Verily I go. said...

steven..i need more, just a little please. star sign, sorry, gets me oh so close.

steven said...

hi bt, glad to see you here! the "golden fish" garden is maintained by me. i don't know very much about plants and so names are hard to come by. my planning is based on colours and shapes and then i let them go - lliterally, i see what they do with the space i give them. if they go crazy like the spiderwort i put in two years ago, then i move them around or take them to the woodlot nearby and see what they make of that!!! so, i can't give you a good answer. my aunt is a model gardener and knows the names - latin and otherwise - for aher plants. i think i inherited my dad's inclination to leave garden's to the fairies for their dances and whatever. steven

steven said...

well verily i say unto you i shall find more and it shall appear as soon as is reasonable! thanks for visiting! steven