Friday, June 5, 2009

alaya gadeh's dreamworld

alaya gadeh is one of those artists you come across whose work touches some essential feature of your self but is hard to define or describe. i can't explain why i like alaya's work but there's something wistful, reminding, subtle, effusive, and dreamlike about it that slows me down, like a warm breeze from the south. it makes me think of small rooms, gardens, and a time long past.

i can't provide any biographical information or contact but her work is widely spread across the net.

here are a few of my favourites.




to see more then visit here.

6 comments:

Loren said...

I like these a lot.

steven said...

me too!!
steven

Tess Kincaid said...

Lovely. I especially like the last one. Yes, soft and dream like.

steven said...

alaya's photography of women is especially beautiful. i love the haziness and then the muted colours that makes me think of autumn, forest floors, dried flowers.
steven

Delwyn said...

Hi Steven,
these are beautiful
are they 3D?

Thanks for showing us,

happy Days

steven said...

i think they're manipulated photographs but it's really hard to find out anything about this person. i'll keep digging.
steven