Thursday, January 1, 2009

tomorrow never knows

i loved the music of the beatles but was never a "fan". however, like most people of my age, there are very few of their songs that i haven't heard countless times and which i have many associations with.

none come close to the song that ends the revolver (released on the date i celebrated my first birthday in canada - my ninth on this planet) album entitled "tomorrow never knows".

turn off your mind, relax
and float down stream
it is not dying
it is not dying

lay down all thought
surrender to the void
it is shining
it is shining

that you may see
the meaning of within
it is being
it is being

that love is all
and love is everyone
it is knowing
it is knowing

that ignorance and hate
may mourn the dead
it is believing
it is believing

but listen to the
colour of your dreams
it is not living
it is not living

or play the game
existence to the end
of the beginning
of the beginning
of the beginning
of the beginning
of the beginning
of the beginning


this boy carries off a very nice version of tomorrow never knows as interpreted by the 801 band over 30 years ago.

2 comments:

Goldenrod said...

Wow! Double wow!! When I first clicked onto your site just a few minutes ago, I had to double-check to make sure I had gotten onto the right one. :)

Different, huh? (I'm trying to figure out whatall I'm going to do with my archives. Am not at all pleased with how they appear now. Will have to consult with my daughter about that.)

ANYhoo, that sure is a different look! Are you trying to think/imagine "warm"? Wouldn't blame you if you were.

steven said...

hi goldenrod and happy new year! i changed the look of the website over because i was getting used to the other one - like wallpaper. i took the picture on the header a couple of years ago - i have a container of dried flowers and it sits on a cupboard in the living room. i took a heap of pics of it at that time, and this is one of my all-time favourites.
changing the blog look over is actually a lot easier than i thought. picking out the elements is work but fun work.
see you! steven