Sunday, October 5, 2008

if you go down to the woods today . . .

there is a little woodlot near where i live. it is populated with squirrels and kids. the woods is a nice place to visit at almost any time of the year. i know from the laughter of running kids and the remnants of forts that i am not alone in thinking this! i know from the scurrying to and fro of grey and black squirrels that they wish i would take my pleasure elsewhere!!

i wandered over for a look today - and wandered closer to my favourite pathway - can't see it? here 'tis - following this path leads to treasures - some so remarkable in their delicate and fragile detail that i wonder at the hand that crafted them - and their are tiny improbable little moments - that catch the eye of my being and remind me of how magical all of this is - and there's secret little hidey places for the gnomes and wood-pixies - and after i've seen what there is to see i return to the world of clouds -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must ask, what outstanding camera did you use to take your images. I believe that with the superior edge to edge sharpness, this must be the work of an Olympus DSLR. If not, Paul Elliott has been lying to me about the quality of the cameras he sells

steven said...

what an insightful comment! if i might also point out -one truly outstanding feature of this very reasonably priced camera is the astonishing ease of use it provides me as i wade through life capturing sterling images willy nilly with (as you so astutely point out) "superior edge to edge sharpness".
thankyou for visiting, and should you see mr. elliott, please give him my best regards!!!
steven